Thursday, December 20, 2012

First monitoring appointment.. check!

So I had my first appointment in Wexford bright and early yesterday morning!  Had to be there at 8:30 so had to leave my house by 6:45 am.  Nothing like driving 3 hours total for a 25 minute appointment ;)

Had my blood drawn and ultrasound done to make sure everything is on track for our Jan transfer.  Got the call from NEFI about noon that everything looked GREAT and was instructed to start the estradiol today, 3 pills a day.  So currently I take my prenatal vitamins in the morning, an estradiol pill(estrogen hormone) morning, noon and night and my 10 iu Lupron injection before going to sleep.

Next step is another monitoring appointment 12/26.  I now just refer to Wednesdays as "Poke and Prod" day :)  We will be seeing how thick the lining is after a week on estrogen and see if we need to change the amount if it isn't thickening fast enough.

The lupron shots are no big deal now.  My belly is a little sore from being a pin cushion, but not too bad.  Continuing on with them for awhile longer.  Transfer is getting so CLOSE!!!


2 comments:

  1. I am so excited for you! This is incredible! I have my first monitoring appt 12/26 so we'll both have news that day. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like everything is going perfectly! Can't wait for transfer!!

    ReplyDelete