Thursday, January 24, 2013

I suck at updating my blog!

Thought I'd just get that fact out of the way with the title, hehe, now for the updating!  My belly is no longer a pin cushion, lupron shots are long behind me.  I started a regimen of just estradiol 3x day and crinone 2x day on Jan 6th, which is what I am currently at for meds.
Egg retreival from the donor was on the 7th and they got 12 eggs fertilized!  6 embryos made it to day 5, one was transferred, and 5 totcicles are frozen if we need them! 

Allen and I headed to Pittsburgh Airport on Jan 9th (his b-day), barely caught our flight - we were late and had to run on the moving sidewalk, I felt like a superhero!  Once on the plane, Allen informed me that Lynn Swan was sitting behind me and proceeded to peer at him creepily over his shoulder the whole flight :)

Landed at LaGuardia and Allen followed Lynn Swan into the bathroom.. just kidding he didn't.  We went to the little phones and called to see when the shuttle would be there, they said 1/2 hr.. so we waited and waited.. over an hour later our shuttle arrived and we had it filled up for the long drive to Stamford.  Finally at about 10pm we got to our hotel, STARVING.  Popped open the laptop and ordered some Hawaiian pizza and salad, delivered to our hotel room shortly after - woohoo!

Next day I had my final monitoring appointment at NEFI, so we walked the 5 blocks or so down to the clinic.  After a quick ultrasound and blood draw (lining was at 10) we decided to continue to downtown since it was pretty nice out.  Eventually we ended up at the Stamford Mall, all 7 levels of it.  Shopped and stuff for a few hours then started walking back towards our hotel.  We ended up walking about four hours that day. Wow..  On the way back we stopped and ate at IHOP which was very close to our hotel.

Got the call Thursday night that transfer was going to be on Sat at 10am so decided we were going to go to NYC on Friday!  Well we kept bumming around so didn't start heading out till 12, hopped on the bus to the train station, then caught the first train to Grand Central Terminal!  We got into the city about 1:30, proceeded to be overwhelmed by everything, then asked someone how to get to Rockefeller Plaza so we could go to the Top of the Rock .  The view was amazing!  There I bought a map of Manhattan so we weren't completely lost.

From there we went to Bryant Park, then Times Square.  While in Times Square I bought some tickets to Laugh.NY comedy club for the show at 7pm.  Well instead of taking the subway we decided we would walk - well this girl didn't properly read the map and /or tickets because we ended up on East 78th St.  Instead of West 78th St. Very Very far from where we needed to be.. central park separated us.  At this point we were SOAKING wet because we got caught in a downpour so we said eff it and headed back to grand central station.  Needless to say we got ALOT of exercise and saw alot of the city, lol.  Total walking time, like 6 1/2 hours.  Also I have 2 tickets to Laugh.NY if anyone is interested :)

Now back to the important stuff - Transfer Day!  I had to be down at the clinic at 9:30am.  Got our gowns and booties on and headed on in.  Procedure was done in a sterile operating type room, there were a few nurses, Dr. Lavy, and our Ip's on skype.  It was quick and painless and only took about 5 minutes.  Seriously.. that was it.  Afterwards I went to recovery to lay flat for an hour, then after that back to the hotel till Monday morning on "bed-rest".  Watched alot of netflix, slept alot, good times!

Monday morning we headed back and had an uneventful trip.  We were joyfully reunited with our children!  Was a success!

Since then I have scrutinized every symptom, I had twinges and mild cramping, was SUPER tired, the vivid dreams have started back up..  feeling pregnant.  Then last Thursday the 17th at 5dp5dt I got my first super faint BFP!  Since then I have got many more increasingly dark home pregnancy tests!!! 
Next up is the blood test to confirm which was going to be today but had to reschedule to tomorrow.  Hoping its a good strong number, followed by another that at least doubles to show this pregnancy is viable.

So that is where we are at.  I am pregnant and hoping the little bean decided to hang out with me the next 9 months, tomorrow will be the moment of truth - or at least one of them, lol.  So happy things are going SO well so far!!  So happy for my sweet IP's, everyone deserves a family!

I will definitely update tomorrow with my BETA numbers - I promise!!

No comments:

Post a Comment